Thursday, May 24, 2012

natural hair care books...

 Rummaging around my closet, I found the book  "Good Hair: For Colored Girls who've Considered Weaves when the Chemicals Became too Rough", by Lonnice Brittenum Bonner.

 I stopped what I was doing and started to reread this book. There's not much to the books, really brief and to the point and hilarious. I forgot how funny this book was, and how it has helped me laugh at myself with some of the issue about having natural hair. The author tells her hair horror stories and how she learned to love her natural hair and of course she included styling tips that I've tried and really liked.  This book is one of the first I've ever read of its kind and I thoroughly enjoyed it. i definitely suggest swinging by your local library and checking it out.

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~

  summertime recipe #1

  The Avocado Sandwich

 I personally love this recipe, and I'm not afraid to say, this may be a hit or miss with people, but here goes.

 lightly toasted wheat or multigrain bread
 3-4 avocado slices
 2 slices of tomato
 alfalfa sprouts
 romain lettuce
 mustard (optional. I know a few people that prefer mayo...)
    this recipe is supposed to be vegetarian, but for those that quiver and shake at the idea od a veggie sandwich, I've tried this with thinly sliced turkey breast or even bacon. I've enjoyed both results. ENJOY!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment